CoronaViruses like COVID-19 can survive on metal, glass and plastic surfaces for many days if not properly cleaned, so here are a few best practice recommendations.
1. Wipe down all shared and frequently touched surfaces including machine exteriors and folding tables with antibacterial wipes or a disinfectant spray like Lysol or with an antibacterial solution daily. A bleached-based solution is not recommended as it can affect and discolor clothing and other articles being cleaned.
2. Advise tenants to also wipe machines down after each use and it is advised that you provide access to wipes or a spray bottles and paper towels in laundry room.
3. Wearing a cloth-based mask or 2-ply garment secured over the nose and mouth when doing laundry is advisable as well as reminding tenants to not make contact with their eyes, nose or mouth while doing laundry.
4. Optimizing your machines with a contactless payment solution like ShinePay is advisable as this method minimizes touched shared services and using bills and coins which can facilitate the spread of germs.
5. All wash loads are recommended to be run at a temperature of 120 degrees or higher and for a longer duration (30mins+).
The above recommendations are clothing laundering best practices ONLY and should not be taken as medical advice or public health advice, or to replace advice provided by any medical professional or public health official. Any recommendations put forth by the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control, the National Institute of Health, or any other local, state, national, or international health body should take precedence. ShinePay, Inc. will not be liable for illness, disease, or any damages suffered through contact with those infected by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus or ill with COVID-19 who are also using these facilities. Please continue maintaining social distancing, washing your hands after using high-contact surfaces, and all other recommended practices while using these facilities and washing your clothes. Stay safe!